Supermarathon around Sicily

Appuntamenti, esperienze, domande sulle distanze più estreme

Moderatori: franchino, runmarco, deuterio, Evuelledi

alexkorrun
Novellino

Supermarathon around Sicily

Messaggio da alexkorrun »

I am organizer race around Sicily 2-14.01.2011. Distance is 800 km. Start and finish is in Palermo. Group will about 15 runners from different cities (I hope Russian and Italian). This is not a relay race and not a competition. This is a multi-day group friendly race with car (may be mini furgon). It needs to run about 60 km per day average. The speed of group is 6 min. per 1 km. 5-10 minuties stops will after every 5 km. I am looking for contacts with local runners who are interested in multi-day races. I have prepared a plan to run every day. But there are problems (car, camping, sport halls...) that can be solved only with the help of local runners. Those wishing to help or participate in the race please write an e-mail alexkorrun@mail.ru. Sorry, but I can not write post in Italian correctly, but I can translate the Italian posts. I plan to visit Sicily at 20-28.11.2011 (may be Palermo marathon and 24 Ore del Sole). But I want to discuss problems prior to arrival.
Best regards, Alexander Korotkov, running club "DINAMO", St.Petersburg, Russia.
alexkorrun
Novellino

Re: Supermarathon around Sicily

Messaggio da alexkorrun »

Hello everyone.
The group race around in Sicily will be held from 4 to 15 January. Detected schedule of the race. It is as follows:

04.01 Palermo start
04.01 Alcamo 51 km
05.01 Mazara (sport Club Vilag) 63
06.01 Sessa Grande (Camping Kamemi) 76
07.01 San Leone (Camping Internazionale Lid Casi) 44
08.01 Gela 73
09.01 Ragusa 56
10.01 Siracusa 80
11.01 Catania(Camping Bungalow Jonio) 66
12.01 Randazzo 66
13.01 Torrenova 58
14.01 Cefalu 72
15.01 Palermo 75
total 780 km

The group of runners are 16 persons from Russia (St.Petersburg).
There are problems with accomodation of the team in some locations: Alcamo, Gela, Ragusa, Siracusa, Randazzo, Torrenova, Cefalu. For accomodation it needs sport halls in school or sport clubs or chipest hostel. Every runner has sleeping bag and self mat.
Please, runners from these plases contact me. In the period from 11 to 28 November I will be in Sicily. I will organize race and visit all the points path. Ready to meet with all who are willing to assist in the organization of the race around Sicily.

My e-mail alexkorrun@mail.ru
Alexander Korotkov

Torna a “Ultramaratona”